When In Doubt? Be Thankful!
So I’m sorry, y’all, that I haven’t blogged in ever. I’ve been getting adjusted to my schedule of working until 5 every day, so while I haven’t been exhausted, I have been busy, and tired on the weekends. Hehe, blogging was much easier when I did nothing all day. 🙂 And while it’s not like any of you are hanging on the edge of your computers (…….?) in anticipation for my next blog, I am going to try to be better at being consistent. Even if I just put up something that’s short and sweet.
So while there are still a few pieces I’m working on before I post them, I figured I’d get a blog done, as well as update you on my life, by writing down a bunch of things I’m thankful for lately! 🙂 So here goes!
1. Music! Music is all forms of awesome, beautiful, fun, catchy, silly, emotional, worshipful, and keeps me from falling asleep at work.
2. Patterns are fun. I’m listening through my MP3 player alphabetically, and I’ve been enjoying watching multiple Pride and Prejudice adaptations over the past few weeks. Patterns give goals and create accomplishments.
3. I love rewatching Babylon 5 while Joel and Elizabeth watch it for the first time
4. I have a full-time job that is helping me to get on my feet!
5. I have a part time job that gives me extra spending money for myself!
6. This one’s a bit random, but I like the fact that I feel more confident in my personal wardrobe than I used to
7. Singing! Whether it’s belting a loud ballad, singing through a musical with my siblings or softly humming a worship song to myself, singing brings me much pleasure and emotional satisfaction.
8. Organization is something cool that God invented, and I enjoy utilizing it
9. I’ve been connecting with some cool people and making some new friendships, as well as renewing a few with people I’ve known for a while, and it feels good.
10. I like ice cream! And I get it a lot because, guess what? I HAVE MONEY!!
11. Dancing! It’s an amazing way to enjoy music and express myself. I like to do full-on twirling and jumping when I’m by myself, or the more subtle leg-bob or thigh-clap when I need to not make a scene. Moving to music is something that I’m glad I discovered I like to do.
12. I’m very thankful for the supportive disciplers and Godly men and women around me that have been a strength for me this past year
13. I’m excited that I’m going to be helping out with D-groups again come fall. It’s been a while since I’ve worked with HTBC youth, and I’m very much looking forward to it
14. I’m so glad that God is still my best friend, and that He always will be. He most seriously (and most literally) makes my life.
15. And last of all, I’m thankful for my blog. Thanks to everyone who reads it, and to the person who invented blogs.